[mythtv] libmythsoundtouch compile error in 0.18.1

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Tue Jun 28 15:57:31 UTC 2005

Well, I managed to get it to compile, but not to run.  Here is what I
did to get it compiled:

1. Before building QT/embedded, edit
mkspecs/qws/linux-x86-g++/qmake.conf and remove the only instance of
"-fno-rtti"

(obviously this is dependent on architecture, as the "linux-x86-g++"
section is only for linux on x86... if you're running something else,
you can change that).

2. Configure, compile, and install QTE according to TrollTech's
directions.  I used the following options:

./configure -prefix /usr/local -qt-gif -system-zlib -I/usr/include/mysql
-qt-sql-mysql -thread -system-libpng -system-libjpeg -system-libmng
-depths 4,8,16,24,32

3. Now go to the mythtv source directory.  Edit settings.pro and add the
following line:

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS -= -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti

4. Build and install mythtv as normal (be sure to set your $QTDIR
environment variable to wherever you installed QT/Embedded, and be sure
to add the location of qmake to your path).  I managed to get it to
compile with no problems, but I couldn't get it to run.  It apparently
needed a framebuffer.  I suspect that if you have directfb installed it
might work, but that would probably require a recompile of QT/embedded,
and I've come to the realization that I'm going to need X11 installed
anyway for other things, so there's no point in trying to build myth
without it, so I'm no longer pursuing this avenue.  Just putting this
information onto the list in case someone else finds it useful for
installation or development purposes.

I do think it would be nice if myth was a little more amenable to being
built without X11 installed, though.