[mythtv] Feature request

Greg Depasse greg.depasse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 12:05:21 UTC 2005

On 6/27/05, Ryan A. Carris <racarris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Stever <steve at hydramusic.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Ummm, I am not a developer, but I am a user and just thought i would put
> > in a "feature request". I use myth a lot and I think it's great.
> > However, sometimes with my friends, I will send a video or a mp3 album
> > or a new game or whatever to his myth box. But his listings are never
> > refreshed! It would be great if I can refresh his video listing or mp3
> > listing via commandline remotely so he can be aware of the change. There
> > is no way to do this in myth without goinng through the menu system.
> >
> > - Steve
>
> Hummmm...wouldn't that be a copyright violation and illeagal?  Sounds
> like illeagal file sharing to me.

Remember, not all movies and music are copyright protected.  I'd love
to be able to do this with my home movies and share them with my
parents' mythtv box who live too far away to see their new
granddaughter.  Thanks for the idea Steve.  I hope the ability to
update the listings gets worked out for you.

-Greg