[mythtv] Video sources ??? && how do i tune channels manually

Unit3 unit3 at demoni.ca
Mon Jun 20 15:57:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 15:00 +0530, Dhiraj Kamble wrote:
> A few Questions
>
> 1. Will Mythtv work in INDIA ? --> PAL B/G

I'm pretty sure this is up to your capture card. If your V4L device
supports PAL B/G, you should have no problems with MythTV.

> 4. What will i have to do if i want to have a grabber for INDIA ?

If one doesn't exist, and the manual channel editor doesn't work, you
may need to write one.

> 5. I can watch the monitor on to the T V through PVR-350, but i cant
> watch any CABLE TV. In the Information center->system status->Tuner it
> says " TUNER 1 IS NOT RECORDING"
>
> 6. how do i fix this--->    " error creating /.qt"
>     i tried creating a file manually in /root/.qt, put in a few spaces
>    but it hasnt worked.

You'll not it's not trying to create it in /root/.qt, but in /.qt.
Whatever user you're running it as must have / as a home dir, which is a
definate no-no. Fix that user, and this problem should fix itself.