[mythtv] Re: OS X: compile error CVS: undefined symbol

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Mon Jun 20 02:10:54 UTC 2005

>  Did you override any defaults for configure? I got a clean MacOS X
> 10.4.1 build from cvs on 6/18/05 around 1PM PDT and I just checked and
> there are no diffs between then and now.

No, no overrides.  I'm on OS X 10.3.9.  This is what I did:

$ cd mythtv
$ cvs update -d
$ make distclean
$ ./configure
$ qmake mythtv.pro
$ make

This is what I've done for months for my OS X build.

And here's the error I get:

In file included from videodev_myth.h:25,
                  from pchdtvsignalmonitor.cpp:8:
videodev2_myth.h:377: error: field `timestamp' has incomplete type
pchdtvsignalmonitor.cpp: In constructor `
    pcHDTVSignalMonitor::pcHDTVSignalMonitor(int, Channel*, unsigned
int, const
    char*)':