[mythtv] mythtranscode produces no audio

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 02:39:19 UTC 2005

I've synced up to cvs head for the first time since May 8 or so (my
machine has been dead for a long time), and now I notice that
mythtranscode now produces no audio. This is confirmed by mplayer,
which reports no audio when given a .nuv file output by mythtranscode.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? At first I thought that the recent
change to avformatdecoder.cpp (reversing the loop for audio track
detection) was causing mythtranscode to select some different hidden
mute audio track, but reverting to 1.150 avformatdecoder.cpp didn't
fix the problem, so it much be something else.

I'll be trying to debug this myself because it bothers me, but I'm
hoping someone has a ready answer until then ...

--Rob