[mythtv] MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:46:30 UTC 2005

> I would have though once you decode the text out of the packet
> you can keep the text and ditch the packet, then once you've
> displayed the text you ditch the text.

Yes, that's how it works. In the original patch (by Juha Kuikka) the
problem seemed to be
that the packet got freed twice, which caused the MythTV to segfault
without exception after only a few minutes of playback.

The spot where the packet is freed is a bit messy and I didn't have
time to pay much attention to it, especially as simply disabling the
extra packet free call made it work for me, without noticeable memory
leaks. I tested it by playing a whole 2 hour subtitled movie twice in
a row, and in addition I've watched several shows without problems.

Could it be that the problem is caused by you patching against HEAD?
I'll take a look at the HEAD branch for the next release.

If you want take a look at it, you can find the disabled call in
avformatdecoder.cpp. Search with "--PJ". Or you could try running it
with valgrind, it should probably reveal the leak.

Thanks,

--
--PJ