[mythtv] MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Jun 10 15:38:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 06:16:50PM +0300, Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:
> > I've had a try at this and managed 1 case of subtitles and
> > 2 cases of rapidly consuming memory until it hardlocks the machine.
> >
> > I'm going to beat it up a bit and see what I can find....
>
> I disabled a line of code that freed a packet because it caused a
> crash in my machine. I need to analyze the spot and find out in what
> cases the packet should be really freed, and when not. It would help

I would have though once you decode the text out of the packet
you can keep the text and ditch the packet, then once you've
displayed the text you ditch the text.

Or combine the two into decode & display, then ditch.

> if you provide a sample of a stream that causes the memory fillup.
> What do you mean with "1 case of subtitles"? That it did actually work
> once? :)

Yes, I got a few subtitles from the tennis (BBC2) before it promptly
died again.

I'm going to have a play over the weekend when I get a chance and
I'll see what I can find.

Stuart