[mythtv] Live TV not releasing tuners.

Keith Irwin kirwin at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 9 23:38:58 UTC 2005

I just updated my CVS, built, and installed, and someone seems to have
checked in a change which is resulting in me being unable to watch live
TV in the last two, maybe three days. If I try to watch Live TV, I get
the message "MythTV is already using all available inputs for
recording.  If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one
from the playback menu.  If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of
the in-progress recordings from the delete menu."  I get this message
whether or not I have anything recording.  If I -then- try to record,
it also tells me that all tuners are busy.  The only work-around is to
restart the backend and that only works until I use a tuner to watch
live TV again.  Essentially, it appears that none of the tuners on my
system are ever being relinquished when Live TV viewing has ended.  It
does still appear to be relinquished at the end of a recording.

I'm assuming that this is a side effect of some well-intentioned code
check in.  If you have checked in anything recently which it seems
possible -might- have this as a side-effect, I would appreciate it if
you would look into it and fix it.  As it effects both my digital and
analog tuners, I'm sure that the same bug will likely afflict not just
myself, but everyone.

Thank you,
Keith Irwin