[mythtv] Air2PC 5th Gen Status / Misc. DVB Updates

Keith Irwin kirwin at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 9 15:07:30 UTC 2005

Besides, I get multipath when someone stands near the antenna or in
just the wrong place in the room and used to get it in my apartment if
there was a car waiting outside beneath the line between my antenna and
the stations.  And it's likely that I was seeing some form of multipath
from terrain because the best reception for WRAL and for WRAZ were
often acquired at slightly different directions, and both of those
broadcast antennas are on the same tower.  (I live in the suburbs of
Raleigh, significantly away from downtown).  It hasn't been a
difficulty since WRAZ moved up to regular strength, but when they were
only at test broadcast strength, it made it tough.  Multipath may not
be as big a deal if you've got a nice rooftop antenna, but it shows up
a lot when you've only got an indoor antenna, even if it's a
directional one.

Keith Irwin