[mythtv] Re: mythtv commits (improperly dropping DVB channels)

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 05:27:49 UTC 2005

  On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 16:16 +0100, John Pullan wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 08:10 -0700, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> > I'm still seeing this problem in current CVS, which is making it harder for
> > me to debug other issues I'm seeing there (namely, I can no longer skip
> > forward or get length info in SD shows that have been transcoded recently).
> >
> > An option to turn off the automatic updating of channels would work for me
> > until we can work out keeping the xmltvid in sync with the channels.
> <snip>
>
> In tv_rec.cpp you could try commenting out lines 104,105 the creation of
> the SIScan object and associated thread. (WARNING one by inspection)
> --

I just had this happen to me.  One of my digital channels just added a
sub-channel.  The SIScan saw this and for some reason decided the
right thing to do, was to remove the primary channel from my database.
 I, therefore, did not get a couple of "record on this channel" shows
recorded.

I have commented out those two lines and recompiled my backend.
Hopefully this will keep that problem from happening to me again.

Thanks John Pullan.

John