[mythtv] DVB/ATSC Signal monitoring UI (v12)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Jun 8 19:21:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 14:50 -0400, gad at jetcom.org wrote:
> Daniel:
>
> I am very interested in this patch and am willing to do some testing on
> it. I notice that the current release is v19, rather than the v12 that
> was available on friday. Is there any additional release notes to go
> along with it? I notice that there are some changes to the myth
> protocol mentioned in you previous release notes. Are they still
> applicable?  Is there anything else that I should be concerned about.
>
> I have a multiple FE (4) & BE (2) system, with 2 HD-3000s[dvb] & a pvr
> 350. I will probably be trying it tonight, and I just added your patch
> as an option to my custom cvs ebuild. Are there any tips or suggestions
> that I should take a look for?  Let me know if there is anyway that I
> can help you out.  Glen Dragon

The version bumps were mostly just because CVS has changed since Friday.

I would recommend installing it on both backends, and whatever frontends
you are using. It still changes the MythTV protocol. I would recommend
not using the Myth PHP, aka web, interface either. Using it probably
wouldn't be a problem, but I haven't tested that myself yet.

Oh, and let me know how it goes. :)

-- Daniel