[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 3 13:14:15 UTC 2005

Quoting Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>:
<snip>
> I still have problems recording multiple audio streams with the DVB
> code, and the DVB driver hasn't been modified to support analog
> recording. So I'm still maintaining the hdtvrecorder at least until
> those two issues are addressed.

What probelms do you have recording more than 1 audio stream?  TS mode works
fine for that.. The only issue I see with multuiple audio streams is playback
due to the messy memory leaking code in mpegts.c.. If you are using PS mode the
audio support is screwed up.. I want to deprecate it one of these days.. I am
getting ready to just do it..

> I'm planning to look at the audio problem at some point as that is
> the only thing really preventing me from using the DVB drivers, and
> my understanding is that someone is looking making the DVB driver
> function along with the analog driver.

The analog stuff I don't know what to tell you about that.. I don't see how its
that important.. I thought there were video0 devices with the hd2k and 3k when
you used the video drivers that would dump analog that you could then
compress.. Maybe I am wrong..