[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:51:56 UTC 2005

Hamish,

Excuse me, can you please show me where have I been rude ?

I've been straight forward with my problem, with detail logs etc. I
didn't disrespect anyone. I even acknowlegded when I made mistakes or
misunderstood the directions. I'm trying to get some answers, not
everyone is well verse with the mythcode like you do. The DVB+HD code
is all new, and not everyone is using it. I did ask it several times
on myth-users, but didnt get any reply. So, I decided to ask on the
dev-list. And I did got all the answers eventually from Isaac.

If dev-eng started to get easily offended when people ask questions,
then I'm sorry but they are probably living in a different world. I do
coding for a living. But if I start to get offended when anyone keep
on asking questions (pestering ?), I dont think I'll be gainfully
employed for too long :-)

Myth is an open-source product, but never the less, its a PRODUCT.
People are going to use it and asks lots of questions, some of which
only developers will be able to answer. I really admire the developers
who design, develop and maintain the products on their own time !

I really dont know what is your beef with me. If you want, we can take
it offline from the list. Feel free to email me.

In the end, thanks Isaac for clearing up the DVB+HD stuff for me and
salutations for a wonderful product !

Thanks
Mudit