[mythtv] [THEMEING] Time display on the gui menu?

Micah F. Galizia mfgalizi at uwo.ca
Thu Jun 2 19:39:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-06 at 21:21 +0200, Jeroen Brosens wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> If there's anybody who can tell me how to display the time somewhere in
> the gui, please let me know. I am planning to upgrade my MythCenter
> theme and I want to have a clock in it. It seems the graphics on the
> menus are static, but maybe a widget that refreshes itself once every
> second or so is possible to make; like the way MythWeather does to its
> content pages. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I think that you would have to put the <textareas> on the theme.  Then
you would need whichever screen displays it to update the labels.

Another interesting approach would be to create a clock ui thingy, that
is parsed by the theme code, and updates itself automatically.  It would
be interesting to have such a widget that you can theme as both text
(using fonts) and images (like an analogue clock).

The second is probably more flexible since it doesn't actually involve
the themed windows taking special care to check if there is a time
display and then periodically update the clock.

Also, the new UI code supports animations.  I dont know a whole lot
about them, but I immagine you could hack in a clock using an animation.
To my knowledge, this wont be an option in the immediate future.
--
Micah F. Galizia
mfgalizi at uwo.ca

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die
nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is
that he wants to live humbly for one."   --W. Stekel