[mythtv] ALSA Sound Driver Question

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Wed Jun 1 08:31:47 UTC 2005

Came across the following ALSA issue porting Mythphone to use Myth's
audiooutput class...

The "fragment size" is fixed at 4096 bytes, which means I need to feed the
audio output with 4096 bytes before it will begin playing. At telephony
rates this equates to 250ms, which is far too long a delay to insert into a
phone call (I currently use around 40ms).

Would someone like to offer to make this configurable?  I am happy to do it
myself but want to give the code-ownder first shout.  I am presuming that
there is no reason for this to be fixed other than the value is well suited
to the TV application.

Cheers;
Paul