[mythtv] problem with HDTV in Australia

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Jul 28 20:58:05 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 10:07:37AM +1000, Berry, David wrote:
> Disk speed not up to scratch??
>
> I was getting these errors attempting to play back a normal DVB-T
> recording on a raid5 setup - once I changed to a LVM setup, the errors
> disappeared.
>
> My theory was that it was too much for the bus to handle streaming the
> file _and_ reading from all the disks at once - with LVM - it's only
> going to be accessing one disk at a time. Now I can also do PIP with no
> errors.

I think this should show up as system time in top, but I see 50% idle.
I'm running LVM across two disks, no RAID. Should be fast enough as the
data rates aren't really very high - no more than 20Mbit/second, because
that's all that can come in off the air.

I forgot to mention: Xine on another system can't play back the recorded
file properly either.

Non-HD works perfectly for me, PIP, multiple recordings while playing
etc.

Hamish