[mythtv] DVB CI Cam support

Einar Bjarni Halldórsson einarha at hi.is
Tue Jul 26 09:41:38 EDT 2005

Sorry for not replying to older threads, but I just joined the list and
I really want to get some comments on this. I have a Twinhan DVB-T CI
card (3040) and was wondering if anybody had any plans for working on
support for the CI module in Mythtv, either through linuxtv.org 's new
high level interface, or otherwise?

I'd be willing to help in any way I could, most of all with testing and
debugging, but I have limited hardware programming experince so I'm not
in a position to get this project off the floor. The card itself works
in Myth, and I can watch unencrypted channels, but I'm out of luck when
it comes to pay-channels. I've been in contact with the devs on the
dvb-kernel list and we're trying to get the card working with the new CI
code, but it still needs some work.

Hopefully there's somebody out there with a Twinhan CI card and the
experience to get this started in the right direction.

Einar