[mythtv] Re: issues with svn, possibly related to Daniel's recent commits

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jul 25 16:02:45 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 12:20 -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Noticed what I think are two new issues that are possibly related to the
> pile of recent commits from Daniel...
>
> 1. mythfrontend seems to freeze when I hit esc (or left-arrow) to return
> to the main memu from watching recordings.  Makes it difficult to do
> anything else if I have to force-quit the frontend every time (usually
> alt-tab to the console I opened mythfrontend from and hit control-c).  I
> think I've run into this trying to get out of other sections, too.
I don't think anything I did would have caused this. But if so it
would have probably been a tv_play.cpp commit, possibly from
late June.

> 2. For some reason, it appears as if mythbackend is taking over my
> soundcard when recording from my pvr-150.  This wouldn't normally be an
> issue, except that the crappy ac97 audio drivers for my pubdit allow
> only one thing to access the card at a time, which means I can't watch
> anything if the backend is recording (in mythtv or xine or mplayer or
> ...).  I don't see any reason why the backend needs access to the
> soundcard for ivtv recording, so perhaps it's an easy fix?
This would have been in a tv_rec.cpp commit, probably from last week
or the previous week.

If you can narrow in on the commit that causes these problems, it
should help me figure out what the problem is.

-- Daniel