[mythtv] Separate front/backend broken?

Sun Jul 24 04:20:21 EDT 2005

Hi,
   I mostly use myth on a combined front/back end machine.
Occasionally I also build just the front end on my Mac.  I recently
updated both systems to revision 6905, and while the combined front/
back system is working fine, the frontend only system on my Mac is
not working.

   When I select a recorded program to play back, I get a blank
screen, a pause and then get returned to the list of recordings.  I
seem to be getting a timeout in TV::StartPlayer() in tv_play.cpp .
There is a 20 second timeout there (maxWait set in line 933).
Changing the timeout to 25 seconds fixes things (well, there is a
delay in starting, but it starts).

   Any suggestions on where to start looking for this delay?  Are
other people using a split front/back end seeing this?

Be well,

Will       :-}

(N.B.  I also updated Qt on my Mac at the same time.  As the system
mostly works, I'm assuming this is not the problem.)