[mythtv] 0.18.2, IOBOUND, ringbuf, and Live TV Jitter

Dave Sp dspmisc at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 23 19:33:12 EDT 2005

Regarding the various emails about video jitter...

I see this issue while the file ringbuf1.nuv is growing.  Once the file size
stabilizes, I stop seeing IOBOUND errors.

This didn't happen to me when I was running 0.16.  Nothing else on my system
changed since then.  (DMA has always been enabled, and the ext3 filesystem
disks worked fine back then.)

The IOBOUND and video jitter issues are not seen during scheduled
recordings, so I suspect something is odd about the live TV and/or ring
buffer code.

Is there any debug data I can collect to help resolove this issue?

--davesp