[mythtv] Webstream patch for Mythmusic 0.18.1

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Thu Jul 21 02:06:02 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 13:48 +0200, Jeroen Nijhof wrote:

> About the metadata in the stream, every stream start's with metadata
> headers so we could use that for displaying title's and author's,
> nice idea so I will be working on it.

There's more to it than that. The shoutcast server will tell you the
metadata interval it in response header, ie. 8192. Then every 8192
bytes, there'll be metadata in the stream.

The reason it works fine in your case is probably that libmad is pretty
good at skipping garbage. If you saved your stream to a file, an tried
to play it using mpg321, you'll hear a *bleep* every now and then.

> I also don't like adding entry's in mysql for a new audio webcast so I'm
> also working on the .pls/.m3u playlist file support.

I was more thinking pls support in receing a pls file from the
shoutcastserver, and UI options to add radios.

> But feel free to code these features, we could build this patch together
> to a stable release.

Check out the attached patch (and sql commands). It adds a "All My
Radios" at the toplevel music tree. If you added the radios from the
SQL, you should be able to play the various streams and see the meta
(right now it's hardcoded for the SomaFM metadata layout, working on
making it configurable).

And yes, there's bugs and shit and it will occasionally lockup when
stopping. Run mythfrontend with "-v network" for loads of debug info.

eskil
---