[mythtv] Aspect Ratio skewed?

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Wed Jul 20 17:35:10 EDT 2005

Hi all.

Yesterday I checked out the latest SVN and today I got it compiled in between
recordings. I just got it installed on my two backends and the frontend about
an hour ago.

The first thing I noticed was a distinctly squashed picture when playing back
recordings. All my recordings are (or should be) 4:3, but now for some reason
I have to select 16:9 stretched to get the right layout.

The first time I seemed to loose the OSD, but it has returned now, maybe
because I went through a lot of settings, maybe not.

I have made examples of these modes available here:

http://www.martinm-76.dk/mythtv/

4-3.jpg and 16-9-stretched.jpg respectively.

After I got the OSD back, it is usable this way, but.... it isn't 16:9
stretched recordings!!?

I am using linearblend and denoise3d on playback and the Titivillus theme /
Isthmus OSD.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

Unfortunately I didn't notice the exact changeset number at checkout time. Is
there a command or something to see that it is?