[mythtv] Red and blue spots using denoise3d

Chase Douglas cndougla at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 20 09:45:34 EDT 2005

I've always had these red and blue spots when I watch tv and recordings in
mythtv. I assumed that these were due to encoding problems like my pvr card
overheating. However, yesterday I had a recording paused and I still saw
these blue and red spots jump around the screen. I quickly tracked it down
to denoise3d. If I disable it, then I don't have spots anymore.
Unfortunately, denoise3d works wonders for the small amount of interference
in my tv signal and quickdnr is ugly IMHO. Has anyone had this problem or
know how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Chase Douglas