[mythtv] DVB/ATSC channels.conf import troubles

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:56:11 EDT 2005

Have you verified the channel data in MythTV, to make sure it was
imported as you expected?

The channel config data is stored in the MySQL database.  So, you need
some tool to view/edit it, such as mysqldump, webmin-mysql,
MythWeb(modified to see the values you need), etc.

In the "channel" table, the channel listing with the name/number shown
in the guide, associateed XMLTV ID, and various other information is
present - including three items used for ATSC/QAM:  mplexid,
serviceid, atscsrcid.    If your channel scan is not working, these
values are probably not getting populated.

serviceid and atscsrcid refer to the program numbers from the
transport stream.  serviceid is basically the subchannel number, so
try values like 1 or 2 when testing it initially.

mplexid is a pointer referring to an entry in the "dtv_multiplex"
table.  This is where the frequency used by each channel is stored,
which is obviously important in your situation.  Here is a sample of
the contents from my mysqldump:

CREATE TABLE `dtv_multiplex` (
  `mplexid` smallint(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `sourceid` smallint(6) default NULL,
  `transportid` int(11) default NULL,
  `networkid` int(11) default NULL,
  `frequency` int(11) default NULL,
  `inversion` char(1) default 'a',
  `symbolrate` int(11) default NULL,
  `fec` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `polarity` char(1) default NULL,
  `modulation` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `bandwidth` char(1) default 'a',
  `lp_code_rate` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `transmission_mode` char(1) default 'a',
  `guard_interval` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `visible` smallint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `constellation` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `hierarchy` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `hp_code_rate` varchar(10) default 'auto',
  `sistandard` varchar(10) default 'dvb',
  `serviceversion` smallint(6) default '33',
  `updatetimestamp` timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`mplexid`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

--
-- Dumping data for table `dtv_multiplex`
--

INSERT INTO `dtv_multiplex` VALUES
(1,1,4111,0,555000000,'a',NULL,'auto',NULL,'qam_256','a','auto','a','auto',0,'auto','auto','auto','atsc',31,20050714205200);

HTH,

Todd