[mythtv] How to compile myth plugins with debug info

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Sat Jul 16 01:58:57 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 15:03 +0300, yoav wrote:

> There's no option --compile-type=debug like there is for mythtv
> configuration.
> It is probably obvious, but I'm new to linux build system.

In that case I guess suggesting added --compile-type to configure is out
of the question.

As an example, go to mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic, edit the already
generated Makefile.
At both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS add a -g (almost anywhere is safe, so just
put it as the first argument).
Then search for install_target, there'll be a line like
	-strip --strip-unneeded blablabla
add a # so it's
	#-strip --strip-uneeded blablabla
do "make clean all install" and you should be good. Same method for
other plugins.

eskil
---