[mythtv] Mythtv 0.18.1: Getting DVB EIT Info into the program guide

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Thu Jul 14 10:50:06 EDT 2005

>  - EIT Data seems to be received, I get reasonable EIT debug output:
>
> EIT_EVENT: 28 EventID: 1276   Time: 200507151345 - 200507151405
> EIT_EVENT: 4D descriptor, lang DEU, prio 0
> EIT_EVENT: using 4D data for language='DEU'
> EIT_EVENT: LanguageCode='DEU' Event_Name='MegaMan NT Warrior'
> Description='Die Virusfabrik'
>
> What I don't get is any info in the program guide for the channel. Any
> Idea where to start looking or what I could be missing?

I think 4D is now/next information and that is not used/inserted.
What you should be seeing is descriptors around 50 or 60, i don't remeber
the exact numbers.
The eit code is still considered experimental.
The full guide data could possibly be transmitted on only one mux so you
probably have to change to different channels and see if you get it to work.

Note that you have to wait a few seconds after you have successfully tuned
to the channel before the data is inserted.