[mythtv] mythgame : features...

Kieron Wilkinson lists at softpres.org
Wed Jul 13 02:12:14 EDT 2005

Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>>>store it for all emulators and games...
>>That is why I said it was for all emulators and games. TOSEC is not just
>>Amiga. Go see www.tosec.org
>
>  Thanks for pointing out this site.   And Overall I like the format and how
> everything is right there in the filename, however the part that makes me
> hesitant is that it's a different format that that used by the GoodUtils which
> most every rom I've ever come across is already using.

True. However, I think the GoodTools in this aspect is of limited use,
because I don't think (??) you can get hold of the datasets and thus
can't use it without doing some nasty call out to GoodXXX to rename a
file and them process it...

Which is more popular I don't know, but at least TOSEC is chang"open".

>  However If I can use their database to identify the roms regardless of
> filename then that data would be invaluable.

Indeed :)

For disk images, I *think* they also name disks "Disk1", "Disk2", etc.
regardless of what they are actually named, so that could probably help too.

Question: Is there any hard reliance on ADF files for the Amiga portion
of MythGame? I have not had the opportunity to try it out yet, but I
mainly use IPF images (Interchangeable Preservation Format) which are
original (non-cracked) versions of Amiga games, meant for preservation -
but you can play them too :)

Kieron