[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6767 by jdonavan

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jul 13 10:56:08 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 23:49 -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> >On Monday 04 July 2005 07:03 pm, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> I dunno, there were large sections that depended on ifdefs.  I figured
> if it could have been detected at runtime it would have been done that
> way to begin with.  As for the table, it's so it doesn't require a code
> change to add/change buffer settings for different implementations.

As far as I know I've removed all the ifdef's for VLD, except those
required for disabling it completely. The reason for this was to allow
binary packagers to just enable VLD for any platform that includes the
Unichrome library by default, i.e. FC4. They would still need to patch
MythTV to disable XvMC and XvMC-VLD by default when they are compiled
in, but once XvMC is less problematic we'll be able to enable it's
compilation by default, and make that patch part of MythTV proper.

-- Daniel