[mythtv] MythMusic...

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 21:13:40 EDT 2005

James Armstrong wrote:

> I just got cvs mfd up and running. It discovered my two iTunes
> computers and the linux daap server I have. When I went to browse it
> from iTunes v4.9 I get this in the mfd:
>
> 12/Jul/2005-20:14:39: WARNING: daap client plugin given up on "The
> Music Man" (192.168.1.254:3689)
> 12/Jul/2005-20:14:39: WARNING: daap client plugin seems to be a new
> version of iTunes I don't know about: 9
> 12/Jul/2005-20:14:54: WARNING: daap server plugin daapserver does not
> yet have specific code for this version of iTunes: 4.9
>
> and iTunes says the shared music library is not compatible with this
> version of iTunes. I am running the latest iTunes on a Mac.
>
> Is it something simple like changing a version check in the mfd code
> or something more complex?

Ah... it usually takes a few weeks after Apple updates iTunes for the
DAAP changes to propagate to the open source world.  I'm not sure, but I
don't think Apple publishes them, so that have to be sniffed and reverse
engineered, but I could be wrong about that.  Your timing is unlucky,
but I'm sure Thor is working on an update to mfd for iTunes 4.9
compatibility.

-JAC