[mythtv] New Country

Jack Porter jack at porter.net.au
Mon Jul 11 21:37:13 EDT 2005

Anil Gupte wrote:
> As I understand it (please correct me if I am wrong), we can get it
> working in a fashion without a functioning grabber, just by using a perl
> script to fill in the schedules, and perhaps update them too.  We want
> to see how it works first (just for some oohs and ahs :-)), and then we
> will roll up our sleeves and dig into code and write a grabber.

Right, you can just populate the channel and program tables with SQL
without using a grabber and everything will mostly work.  I recall
getting some crashes in the EPG when I tried running with just a single
channel - so make sure you set up more than one channel.

If you add new program data while the backend is running, you need to
force the scheduler to look at the new data in order to reschedule
recordings, but the easiest way to do that is just to restart the
backend.  (mythfilldatabase automatically runs the scheduler after

- Jack