[mythtv] Re: Another data point for the new XvMC stuff

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 23:17:18 EDT 2005

On 5/2/05, Mark Frey <markfrey at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>  Well I found my problem, your asking about glxgears led me to it.
>  glxgears was pegged at 60 because I had sync to vblank on (both for
>  opengl and xvideo). I turned this off to check my glxgears score and
>  voila, XvMC works fine for me now. It is odd because the old XvMC stuff
>  didn't seem to suffer from sync to vblank being on, nor does the Xv
>  stuff. Anyhow, I'm happy now, thanks for your help. Maybe this also
>  will help some of the others having issues.

Just wanted to throw in a "me too" on this one.

This has been plaguing me for quite a while. Pretty much anything
involving the OSD would stutter badly until the OSD was off the
screen, and now it's 99% flawless.

In case anyone else wants to try, the settings were located in

~/.nvidia-settings-rc

Here were the two settings needing to be ZERO:

0/XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank=0
0/SyncToVBlank=0