[mythtv] DEC2000-t/scanning/channels.conf-import.pl

gneeki gneeki at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 08:50:20 EDT 2005

On 7/8/05, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > Is there any way I can grab the script for external use in 0.18? I'm
> > guessing not. Sorry to be a dev-newbie, but when is SVN likely to make
> > it to the next release? It's just that I'm trying to use relatively
> > stable RPMs built around releases.
>
>         Attached is a hacky script. I have to go home now, so if it doesn't
> work 100% then you will have to do some weekend hacks/repairs yourself.

Thanks for this Nigel - it's good of you to look at this for those of
us with seemingly crippled boxes (or drivers). The script looks like
it nearly gets there for me - I understand where it's reading each of
the parameters from channels.conf ok, but as it reads each channel
like, it reports:

$channelhash{'transportid'} does not exist
$channelhash{'networkid'} does not exist

Not understanding the internals, I'm not sure where it's supposed to
get these from - the script doesn';t appear to read them from
anywhere. Could anyone explain to a novice where the transport and
network id's come from or how I would now what to set them to for each
DVB channel?

Also, I've never understood why channel.conf-import.sql never seems to
find my ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt, even though it's plainly there and
readable and the perl looks like it should look there first. It's no
big deal as I can move it temporarily to /usr/share/mythtv, which it
finds fine, but odd.