[mythtv] Waiting for a thread backtrace

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Fri Jul 8 11:24:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

> I figured out why it was happening, there was a bad recording, so
> whenever either a frontend selected the file in watch recordings, or
> when mythweb tried the recorded_programs page it would do this.
> Deleting the dodgy recording was the only way to stop it doing this
> every time.
> I've never seen it do this before for a bad or zero byte recording, so
> it's possibly a one off.

I've seen this as well - and at some point it was quite reproducable. It
turned out to be that I was running a 0.3 ivtv which started creating
corrupt .nuv files. The frontend always hung on trying to create a
thumbnail for those recordings. I don't remember whether Mythweb also hung,
or just created black thumbnails.

My frontends are low-memory Epia, and I tried GDB once, and it was rather
useless, so I never made a backtrace - reverted ivtv and my problem was
gone.

	Herman