[mythtv] Re: Commercial Flagging Idea

Forrest Voight voights at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 07:50:57 EDT 2005

I even found someone who had built a "commercial killer" by detecting
patterns in line 21 data that usually indicate the start and end of
commercials. His would mute the volume on the TV when it detected a
commercial, but yours could do whatever you wish.

--from http://captioning.robson.org/articles/general/nv-line21.html

Maybe you could have every method combined (scene change, logo, audio
type change, line 21 detection (above)...)  and if more than 75% of
them signaled a commercial, then remove it.

--Forrest