[mythtv] Last channel watched

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:09:58 EDT 2005

On 7/7/05, Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > How I can make MythTV 0.18.1 not to remember the last DVB channel I
> > watched? I wish MythTV to select the channel I choose in mythtv-setup
> > everytime I start watching TV, not the last DVB channel I watched...
> >

> I don't think you can unless you modify the source.
>
> A similar thing i woud like is for mythtv to leave the startchan in
> cardinput table alone.
> If i set it to a specific channel i have a good reason for doing so and
> mythtv should not mess with it.
> If we realy want livetv to start on the last tuned channel it shoud be
> stored somewere else and not in the cardinput table (in memory on the
> backend maybe?).
> This woud allow mythbackend to always succeed in tuning at startup.
>
> It's not as big problem as it used to be, but still a problem.

Well, it is a problem for me, so I commented out this part from tv_rec.cpp:

/*
        query.prepare(querystr);

        if (!query.exec() || !query.isActive())
            MythContext::DBError("StoreInputChannels", query);
*/

Another way around would be to update it in the database when it's convenient:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -e "update cardinput set
startchan=198 where cardinputid=1";

--
cyth