[mythtv] new mythgame thoughts

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jul 7 11:52:39 EDT 2005

> asking "what commands do i use for x emu?" As for myself i'm looking
> into what the big long command was for xmame right now. I really like
> having all my highscores and such.

 I'm considering adding something to build a commandline from the
existing database options to auto populate that during the initial DB
setup. We'll see.

> a default emulator for roms where you have multiple emulators. Not
> sure how necessary this really is though.

 This is on my todo list actually. Currently it displays each game for
each emulator so a game could in theory show up more than once
(though it does display which emulator/playername is to be used for each one
in the info box).

 I'm going to look into making it smart enough to merge duplicates on the
screen and give you a choose of what to use, including setting a default.

> Anal nitpicking: I think that the list in the setup widow would be
> better organized as such:

 I agree, I'm also going to have the file extensions "auto fill" with the
default for each playertype. But the user can edit if they choose.

> anyway those are just some thoughts. I'm really glad to see some work
> being done on this. The Wife loves Mrs. Pacman.

 Hehe