[mythtv] DVB: How do I Stop MythTV from adding extra channels found in transports

Dennis Tell dennis.tell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:29:37 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've just started using mythtv and I must say it's a really nice app!
Thanks to everyone who's contributed!

Now to my problem: I'm using a fairly late svn build with dvb-t and
have added the channels I want by importing a channels.conf file.
However, when I launch mythtv it rescans the frequencies I've chosen
and adds any other detected channels to the database. I don't want
that. Those channels are typically program guides or HDTV channels and
I either have no need for them or don't want to even true tuning to
them as my computer can't cope with the HD.

I know there is a simple way to avoid unwanted channels inside the EPG
by using "favourites", but it doesn't seem to apply to channel surfing
using up and down arrows. So I was wondering if someone could point me
to the right spot in the source code to disable this feature.  A
filename and a line number where I should start looking would be
awesome.

Cheers
Dennis