[mythtv] Commercial Flagging Idea

Jeroen Brosens jeroen at fotoniq.nl
Wed Jul 6 04:47:43 EDT 2005

Actually, what methods are currently used for commercial detection? A
quick google query showed that detection of blank frames, hard cuts,
text in commercial ads, cartoons, sports and audio RMS changes are all
possible with very high success rates and low false rates; each of them
illustrated with scientific models.
Which of them are currently being used in MythTV? Just curious :)

--Jeroen