[mythtv] 2 suggestions re: scheduling recordings

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Jul 3 18:05:54 EDT 2005

Hello all,

There's 2 request for features that I know quite a lot of people would
like to see in MythTV and I don't really think it should be too hard to
implement hopefully:

1) Long term searches - maybe I want MythTV to record automatically few
films that might come up any time in the future, but no idea when it
will happen - for example, I might want to watch Shawshank Redemption,
and by pure chance, it might crop up a year in the future so I would
type it in the long term search area, and MythTV would run it against
freshly downloaded TV listings, and if it finds something, it would
record it?

2) Automatically records 2 parts of a film that's broken in between by
something, usually news - it happens quite a lot in the UK, not sure
about other countries - a film gets broken in the middle by a 30 min
news clip, it would be nice if MythTV could automatically record the 2nd
part as well, as I sometimes forget and find MythTV hasn't recorded the
2nd part?

Thanks!

Cheers - Piers