[mythtv] New project ideas/proposals - documentation tools

Joshua King jking_ok at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 1 19:44:53 EDT 2005

Hi Ramzy,

On 2/7/05 2:47 AM, "Ramzy Darwish" <ramzy.darwish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have been trying to find a way that I could contribute to mythtv for
> some time now and I am hoping what I have in mind is a desired
> feature.

> 1) Myth-UsersGuide - I want to write up a printable booklet that would
> be like a user's guide for people USING mythtv.

This would be a nice addon, especially if it had all of the keys in keys.txt
mentioned in it. All I did was print the keybindings page from MythWeb and
that wasn't too useful -- no descriptions (didn't realise keys.txt was there
at the time).

> 2) MythHelp or MythSearch
> I intend this to be an addin module for mythweb that would allow you
> to search the main documentation resources that we all look at when
> trying to solve our problems.

This would be very handy. I can think of a list of sites you could use, the
simplest thing I can suggest is a search box on mythweb which can aggregate
search results from Google (pass the query + site:mythtv.info, etc).

If you do this make sure you put gossamer-threads in there as a source, they
Have the most info.

Also I agree that there should be a single Help button on each screen of the
frontend (F1) but I don't expect you want to go there.

Joshua