[mythtv] [patch] Improving SoundTouch sound quality

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Mon Jan 31 03:15:14 EST 2005

I have just tested this and it does improve things.
slowed down it reduces the reverb/echo effect
sped up I can now watch programs quite comfortably at 1.6x
tested on a malcom ep and a wicked science ep. I could not do this this fast
before.
music still sounds fine though.
I would suggest making this the default.
the readme on the soundtouch home page does say a lower value for this
parameter is better for speech as the numbers were picked for music.
cheers
mark