[mythtv] CVS Gentoo ebuild

Rob Rosenfeld mythtv.org at rosenfeld.to
Sat Jan 29 21:12:17 EST 2005

Andrew Mahone wrote:

>If it would make people happier, the CVS ebuilds I maintain could
>issue a warning, and require the user to acknowledge it before
>proceeding, stating that they are expected to be able to fix it
>themselves if changes in CVS break it, and that they should email me
>directly instead of the list and expect to wait a week or more for
>help from me.  Maybe that would get the clue across that they're for
>developers?
>
>Are there any known work-arounds for the qmake parallel make issues,
>perhaps involving some form of explicit cross-directory build
>dependencies?  If qmake can't figure it out itself, and you can't tell
>it what to do, that is a flaw that people should be bugging TrollTech
>about...

You're in a tough spot, since bugs.gentoo.org won't support cvs ebuilds
because then that's where everybody should be putting their questions,
right?  The real problem is the ebuild users who don't do a basic search
on bugs.gentoo.org and the mythtv archives before posting to the list.
Needing to add libmythmpeg2 and libmythsoundtouch were both easily
solved from prior issues.

Keep up the good work work maintianing them.   They do make life so much
easier.