[mythtv] Re: Burning support

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Jan 27 22:05:47 EST 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 09:28 pm, Alan Gonzalez wrote:
> Ok, I've looked through mfd, got some questions.
>
> So the tv recordings are stored on the backend.  mfd is supposed to
> run on the backend with the frontend rewritten to request data from
> mfd on some host?

Ideally, a mfd would run on every host.

> A frontend would send a request for metadata from mfd and then select
> some shows to burn.  At this point it would send a request to the mfd
> where the video lives to start a transcoding/conversion process on the
> video and convert the video to a .iso.   Somehow we would get updated
> status from mfd on the state of conversion also.  Then this iso is
> streamed and to a mfd client where there is a dvd burner?

Updated status like how the mtd does things now for dvd ripping status would
work.  And yeah, I imagine that's how it'd work - transcode wherever it's
stored, transfer it to a host with a burner, then burn it.  Or flip the first
two to transcode on the burning host.  I'd think ripping would work the same
way in reverse.

Isaac