[mythtv] request: OSX mythfrontend and winmyth for CVS backend

Jeremiah Morris jm at whpress.com
Thu Jan 27 12:52:58 EST 2005

On 13 Nov 2004, at 6:41 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:

> I'm wondering if the maintainers of both of these projects would be
> interested in offering cvs-compatible downloads for those of us who
> run mythtv cvs.  I'd love to be able to try out both of these
> programs, but since I have to keep my backend running cvs so I can
> keep mythweb up to date, I'm unable to use either of them as soon as
> the mythproto gets bumped (which is usually shortly after a release).

For this purpose, I'm now posting daily CVS snapshots of the OS X
frontend at:

http://whpress.com/mythtv/

I have posted my Perl script for building these at the same site. The
relative merits of OS X packaging choices have been discussed ad
nauseam elsewhere; anyone unsatisfied with my downloads is invited to
use my script as a basis for creating alternative distributions.
Patches are welcome to make the script more flexible (or replace it
with something better); if it can satisfy everyone adequately, we can
distribute it with Myth in the contrib directory.

- Jeremiah