[mythtv] DVB datapoint - EIT and channel scanning

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 11:21:23 EST 2005

Quoting Steve Davies <steve at one47.co.uk>:
> 1) I initially enabled the EPG/EIT gathering code... This built okay,
> but there was so much EIT data arriving that I could barely start the
> frontend. I re-built without this feature as I appreciate it is beta :)

Yes that is what I am seeing.. This eventually will be collected when the
recorder is idle.. Also the cpu lagging is MUCH worse if you are getting the
section buffer overruns.. Jespers patch from a day ago has some buffer testing
code..

> 2) channels.chanid - I was under the impression that chanid was meant to
> be in the range (sourceid*1000) to (sourceid*1000)+999. I do not know
> whether this is a tradition or a requirement, but I have 2 sources, 1
> DVB and 1 non-DVB. The DVB scan created all new chanid numbers to
> continue from the highest existing number, rather than checking for the
> highest number in the appropriate range. This meant that the end result
> was much more confused and the chanid and sourceid no-longer matched.

Can you give me some specifics?  It should have used sourceID * 1000 as the base
for the chanid..

> PS. I don't think I mentioned, this new DVB scanning and dynamic PIDs is
> SWEET!

Its the way it always should be for digital tv.. The data is sent with the
video.. Use it.. :)