[mythtv] DVB Changes / Patch Applied

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:38:20 EST 2005

I'd like to second that though - getting rid of the drop in the schema
updgrade.

The scanning didn't work for me, and left me with an unfinished
channels table which I had to hack by hand to get the system up again.

Channel scanning got stuck when the last mux did not tune in, the
scanner thread never dropped out after 20 min, and the last message in
the log was

2005-01-25 22:32:40.492 SIScan#0: Transport Failed to Tune

Also I noticed that it has picked up two mplex's (2 and 3 below)
broadcasting the same stuff, only with a 166kHz offset. Maybe you need
to do a duplicate check and pick the one with the strongest DVB stats.
Mplex 7 in the list below is bogus, Maybe need to look at how this
table is populated.

mysql> select mplexid,constellation,frequency from dtv_multiplex;
+---------+---------------+-----------+
| mplexid | constellation | frequency |
|       1 | qam_16        | 570000000 |
|       2 | qam_64        | 538000000 |