[mythtv] Changing video delay

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Jan 26 17:11:48 EST 2005

>I am considering on of the Mac minis for HTPC duty (running Gentoo), however it
>won't be powerful enough to do DRC with brutefir so I need to route audio
>accross a dedicated network using jack.udp to an audio only PC. This will
>introduce some extra delay - the send and receive buffers for jack.udp and the
>1024 samples delay in my brutefir setup - so I need a way to delay the video
>for live TV and recorded programs and have this amount stored as a default
>value. (Ideally the delay would be removed when rewinding and fastforwarding).

I use brutefir.

A better method would be to hook the two machines up via spdif or some
other digital link.  Get the second machine to convolve the spdif input
to output.

To compensate for the delay, hack the audiooutputxxx function to add
some extra samples to the GetAudioTime function

However, I think you might be happier if you try to make everything work
on one box.  The overhead of brutefir is not that large if you don't
need obscenely low latency.  I have it on very low latency using 10% of
my P2.8.  If you lowered the latency then it would be more like 1% or less

Ed W