[mythtv] Making MythTV more OSX Friendly

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 18:35:51 EST 2005

On 25-Jan-05, at 4:23 PM, Isaac Richards wrote:
 > There's absolutely nothing preventing a non-v4l build.

Going back to Patrick's original problem assessment of:

1. No backend
2. Hardcoded linuxisms
3. Framework packaging

#1 is obviously the major piece. I believe Jeremiah is correct that v4l
is the most problematic part of the backend. Now that we know v4l is
not absolutely essential perhaps we could concentrate our efforts on
adapting something like the defyne.org stuff instead of peripheral
arguments about packaging.

- George