[mythtv] MythPhone experiments and "features"

Paul Volkaerts paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Mon Jan 24 16:01:06 EST 2005

> * If SIP proxy registration fails, it is impossible to "ESC" out of
> MythPhone.

I certainly don't get this; if registration fails it just says "Not
Registered" on the status line and ESC works as before.  Are you using CVS
or 0.16 ?

> * I was unable to use asterisk's "host=dynamic" facility with MythPhone.
> Not sure why, but hard-coding the IP address works okay.

This "should" work though I have never tested with Asterisk myself. If you
are using CVS, can you send me the ~/.mythtv/MythPhone/siplog.txt file when
this fails? If you are using 0.16 then it isn't worth doing this as the code
has changed so much.

> * Some of the calls I made were perfect. Mostly outbound calls from Myth
> worked very well. Sometimes there was no sound received from the remote
> end, even though asterisk reported sending it. For inbound calls to Myth
> I never seemed to get any inbound data (I didn't have time to do a net.
> trace, so not sure here)

With latest CVS, you can hit "i" and get mid-call stats like packet counters
that are useful for debugging this kind of thing. Usually this is a NAT
issue but if you are only on your LAN I guess this is doubtful.

> Some nice to have features (perhaps I just missed them?) I'd like to add
> to the TODO:
>
> * Hangup without exiting MythPhone.

With CVS version you can hit "O" (STOP key)

> * Put a call on hold.

Not sure I see a use for this.

> * The "M"enu would be better if it captured "ESC" like most other
> dialogs. I quit MythPhone several times :)

Fair point!

> * Option to disable Myth's voicemail so that the proxy can deal with it.
> * Play a test file repeatedly down the line...

You can always set the ring-timer to 60 seconds or something, that way
Asterisk will always answer the call first. I must admit I thought I coded
it so that you could set this to zero and disable voicemail; but it turns
out I didn't!

Paul