[mythtv] Permissions ... help

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Sun Jan 23 01:13:33 EST 2005

Hi

I've build 0.16 on SuSE 9.2, using DVICO fusion dvb with an ATI 9200
card. All spectacularly good.

A few mates asked me to do likewise for them. 2 work as mine does, one:

as a user: mythfrontend complains about access to the xv port (152?)
           no xv available, suggest another VGA card
	   tv shows as jerky (no accel) and 3:4 on screen, where it
	   should be 16:9 (distorted)

as root:   mythfrontend works perfectly

I've tried no firewall, checked for similar xorg.conf files, binary
location and owners SUID  etc etc without finding anything.
I built another system (I love caddies) on that box and it works
correctly for users.

What have I done to not let users get xv access?

James